Hello World,
My name is Olivia and this is the first time I've ever had a blog so bare with me, I'm just learning! I am in the twelfth grade and I'm blogging for my Writers Craft class. My life right now consists of stress, lack of sleep, homework, friends and most of all my beloved T.V shows.
This blog is mainly going to consist of me ranting about my favourite T.V shows and my life. I feel as though watching T.V shows is a way for me to escape all of my stress. Some people call it "avoiding" but I like to think that when I sit in bed and watch a couple episode of Vampire Diaries I am simply re-energising! Now don't misjudge me, I am not some sad teenage girl who only lives through the drama of the T.V shows that I watch. I have many good friends and am quite social. I am a competitive highland dancer and am trying to do the best I can this year in school so that I can get into university next year. I am very busy, but I always find a way to squeeze in a few episodes to calm me down and in a sense, bring me back to reality.
So that's a little bit about me and my life! Hope you all enjoy.

Hi Olivia!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I think you should know that Olivia is my nickname because my husband thinks I am so much like Olivia the Pig. I love her stories about all the mischief she gets into. Have you read about her - I love the illustrations too.
It think it is funny that you think TV brings yo back to reality! I think the opposite - it lets me escape from reality. I used to despise reality TV but now I love The Voice and X Factor. I have never watched Vampire Diaries. I know we have the book in the library - is the series based on the book? I have tried to figure out why the genres of Fantasy and Vampirish novels/TV series and Dystopian fiction have exploded on to the scene these recent years. What do you think was the catalyst? The Twilight Books?
I am more of a Grey, Dexterish Homelander who likes her Modern Family. The Academy Awards are my Superbowl for sure! :) M. Morton
Hi M. Morton,
DeleteI read those books when I was younger, I loved Olivia the pig it was one of my favourite books. For me being able to just sit down and watch a T.V show for a bit can calm me down. My life is really busy and stressful right now so when I have the few minutes to just watch something I feel it calms me down. (I love reality shows too, So You Think You Can Dance is my favourite.)
The Vampire Diaries T.V series is based loosely off of the books. I read one of the books a couple years ago, but it wasn’t the same as the series and I like the show a lot better. I think Vampires are so popular because they are so mysterious, and I think people (especially girls) like that aspect. The twilight books were definitely not the start of the Vampire obsession but it is what brought it back up in these past few years for sure. Vampires were always popular, dating all the way back to Dracula It is pretty crazy how many movies/books/T.V series have been made since Twilight though. I wonder what will be the next obsession!
-Olivia
Hi Olivia! Thanks for writing back. I know you are super busy with the demands of school. I just heard that the new Twilight movie is out and they have their baby.
DeleteWanted to wrtie just to tell you that you should have picked Dracula instead of Jane Eyre for your Summative:) The students in the other classes who chose Dracula really enjoyed the book. Good luck with all your work. Have read your new posts.